Thousands of developers come up with great app ideas, some of them do great wherein some of them fail drastically. Perhaps it is the lack of homework that people do before designing their mobile app. When clients come to us, they ask us specifically what kind of homework we need to do before developing a mobile app. There are an ample lot of surveys that people carry out to get to know the likes and dislikes people have while browsing mobile apps. The concerns are more while developing a mobile app is because the size of the devices is quite small and therefore delivering a seamless user experience becomes the prime requisite.
Likewise, InMobi came up with its STATE OF MOBILE APP DEVELOPERS 2016, which was a survey conducted on more than 1000 mobile app developers. Though there are umpteen number of Android as well as brilliant iOS app developers present out there, but you need to ponder over certain factors before hiring one. Let’s delve!
1. One of the major thing to note was that there is only 6 percent of the mobile app developers in the whole community that is females and rests all they are male. Apart from this we also deduced that approximately 25-34 years old and the average lies between 33. This means that the developers are young and can come up with enough innovative ideas when given proper guidance.
These young developers are quite new to the app development, and only about 34% have been in the business for about four years now.
2. Apart from this we also got to know that 80% of the people in the development are independent developers or are a majority of them are companies with only five people.
This fact is a caveat for business owners as they need to go for a background
check before hiring any random app developer.
3. The top categories in the mobile app development are games, entertainment and utility apps that still come as the favorite types.
4. Speaking of the most contentious issue in the field of mobile app development is choosing the right platform for development. Although there are two major platforms the tussle between the two is quite stiff. As per this survey, it was derived that a considerable percentage of 86% of the developers prefer Android, and 57% of them follows this prefer Apple. Moreover, it was also seen that the preferences of the developers various from region to region. Android is one the leading platform when it comes to regions such as Asia and Europe; wherein the competition is quite stiff in North America between both these platforms.
5. Programmers nowadays prefer Java and along with this Swift has become one of the popular programming languages.
6. The growing competition has made the business quite stiff with 55% of the developers can make only $1000/month, and the monthly average mobile revenue is under $6000.
7. Moreover, when it comes to the app revenue, we can see that monthly app revenue is between $5k to $11k which depends on the platform. Talking about the highest grossing platform, Windows has emerged out to be the victorious with a tally of $11.4k per month per app, as you can see that there is no fragmentation in the market and the competition is also less. Wherein when it comes to Apple iOS, the developers the revenue sums up to a total of $8.1k per app every month and speaking of Android, you get to earn $4.9k per app every month.
8. Marketing is quite an arduous task app developers as a significant 43% have been vocal about it, and around 21% have stated that design to be a daunting task. Which brings us to the point that making an app is certainly difficult wherein one of the biggest challenges for every business owner is to make the audiences feel their presence.
9. Mobile app monetization is one of the most preferred app monetization strategies, and a considerable seven among ten developers prefer this approach. Moreover, a significant 18% of them plan to adopt this as their app advertising in the coming future. 36% of the developers make use of interstitial ads and around 45% of the developers make use of banner ads for monetizing their app.
10. One of the most growing trends among mobile app is wearable apps, as other areas of human life will begin to get monitored. However, only 6% of mobile developers have landed into creating apps for wearables wherein 32% of developers opine they would like to make apps for wearables in the coming future.
All in all!
Where we all are running amok after reaping best profits in the business, we need to hold back and find out the right ways to attain our business goals. Getting acquainted with all the advancement and trends is one of the most crucial things you must know before developing your mobile app. It is quite advisable to do one’s homework before delving into things that are quite essential for your business.