Apple has always been the centre of attraction for it’s new announcements and exciting updates every now and then! The market is buzzing with the latest iPhone X but are the iPhone app developers making it a point to update the apps according to the latest and top-notch features of this phone?
Developers will have to buck up for the latest updates and versions in app development processes also to be in sync with the iPhone X features until this July!
Why update apps according to iPhone X?
The users are, of course, excited about the latest launch of iphone in the market but there are a lot of things that the iPhone app development companies as well as the iPhone app developers have to keep in mind if they want to succeed in this new era of iPhone X and Xcode 9.
Features of iPhone X:
- Sublime 5.8-inch Super Retina display for unparalleled immersive app experience for the users of the iPhone.
- Edge-to-edge screen which needs the iOS app developers to focus on the needful updations.
- Cutting-edge features of the apps like Augmented Reality can easily be integrated into the apps.
- A11 bionic processor that was also seen in the last versions of iPhone.
First things first, a developer of the app should start with testing the apps so that it can be ensured that the apps can take full advantage of the Super Retina display.
How to do it?
We would suggest the iPhone app developers to respect the safe areas. Along with it, he should try to support adaptive layouts while designing the app so that the users can have the best app experience as possible.
How to run the app in the simulator for professional testing?
1. You will need to download the latest version of Xcode 9 first and foremost and after that testing the existing app in the simulator device.
2. You will find many UI issues but you will need to address those UI issues to make sure that your app is in sync with the latest iPhone X features.
Before you do that, don’t forget to enable full screen native resolution to check that your app should run fine in the full screen display mode on iPhone X too.
Check for the design elements in iOS 11:
It may be a case that the app is designed and developed in iOS 11 base. Launch storyboard or iPhone X launch image will help you to check the design elements in iOS11.
UI should display correctly and this can be done by verifying all the parts of the app. Verification of the parts of an app should include checking of the mispositioned, overlapped, incorrectly scaled, or clipped elements. It is the task of the developers of a Mobile Development Company to check for the issues and safe area guides should be used. Moreover, one should give extra attention to the layout margins so that the UI elements can be positioned correctly.
Simulator Help can be of ultimate aid when you make a check on the app for the various features. Sometimes, it is not possible to check for the app features easily if complex functionalities are integrated into the app.
● Download Xcode 9: If you have not already done so. We are stressing on it because it includes the latest SDKs for iOS 11 and the iPhone X simulator.
● Respect Safe Areas: What every developer should take care of is that he should know how to design the app while respecting the safe areas of the app. Content and the controls should appear correctly utilising the full-screen Super Retina display.
The thing is that your app should work fine with the dimensions of the new iPhone. There are a few guidelines that every mobile development company creating apps for iPhone X should follow.