The first battle of finding out that your iPhone development certificate for installing and testing apps and publishing them to iTunes or the Apple App Store is really expired should be won before you get started about the renewal process. Until you get to know that your certificate is actually expired, you haven’t won half the battle, but after you find it out, you will need to fix it and start with the steps to ensure that you renew it very fast and without wasting any of your time.
Let’s walk you through the process without any further ado and you will start with it and get your iPhone Development started again!
Step-by-Step Tutorial on how to renew iPhone development distributed profile:
1. First, go to the Keychain Access application and request a new certificate. Where to find this? Go to Mac’s Applications> Utilities Folder. And, you are there!
2. BUt what do you need to do in the Keychain Access? There will be a lot of certificates in the list. You need to choose a certificate which you want to see the status of! Find something listed out like like “iPhone Developer: [name]” and “iPhone Distribution: [name]“.
3. How to find if your certificate is yet activated or has already expired? There on the “Iphone distribution” certificate, you will see a sign that is a red circle demonstrating with an X in the middle of the certificate page that it’s good time to renew. If you are pretty sure that you have found out that the certificate has expired, you will need to delete it asap to remain away from any problems.
4. For the next step, you need to go into Keychain Access -> Certificate Assistant -> Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority. This will generate a file after you have requested a new one. This should only be done if you have deleted the old ones!
5. You will now be prompted to fill in your details. A valid email address, name. That’s it! Nothing too long and time-consuming at all. You need to click on “Saved to disk” from the available options.
6. Click on continue after you are done with the options above, now just go to the Certificates section of the iOS certificate renewal window. Just upload the file and you will receive your new iPhone development certificate after you’ve uploaded it.
Hold on! It’s not yet complete. Just refresh your screen and see that you have waited to download the certificate. It is very necessary.
Things to be taken care in this process:
While you are renewing a certificate, please take care of the following tips:
While following the step #6, you will have to go back to the Provisioning portal section on your screen and it is necessary that you download both the profiles for sure- your provisioning profile as well as your distribution profile.
To configure them in the utility, just click on them to install after you have already downloaded them in the iPhone development provisioning process.
Why was it all important?
There is too much to do about iPhone app submission and that you should pay attention to the certificate expiry date for sure. The steps we discussed above will help you to continue your services and submit your apps to the App Store that you make for your clients. It is a sure thing that iPhone development is a lucrative career but you must be very careful of the things that are to be followed.